Secrets To Severing Soul Ties
Posted on July 30, 2013
What is a Soul Tie?
When you hook up with someone you don’t just hook up with their body, you hook up with their soul. You can break up physically yet still be connected to them for the rest of your life. You can give your spirit to God and still be connected to someone else through your soul, which is your emotions, mind, will, imagination and conscience. That is a Soul Tie. You are still connected even though you are apart.
You have to think beyond the physical. You gave everything to that special someone. You thought they were your soul mate but now it’s become a soul tie. A soul tie is a bond that became bondage.
Soul ties WAR with your spirit:
• Whatever attacks that person now has access to you.
• You are now listening to them more than HIM.
• A soul tie is an assignment against your destiny.
Here’s the crazy part, you’ve been taught to do this. Culture trains you. Think of all the songs and movies that glorify the idea of being connected to someone for the rest of your life (that isn’t your wife). Songs about loving one but living with another dominate the airwaves. Culture says it’s okay so we don’t even blink when it’s happening to us.
There are many types of soul ties. I only have room for a few but they are destroying destinies every day.
The Controller: The person that convinces you that you need them to survive.
- Your emotions become intertwined and you begin to think that you can’t make it without them.
- They begin to put you at odds with the Godly people that are placed in your life. They separate you from the people who speak wisdom. Your peers, parents and pastors can usually spot The Controller a mile away but you do nothing but defend them.
- If you are constantly defending this person to your close friends, you may want to check yourself.
- You need good friends who care more about you than your friendship and will tell you the truth.
- LISTEN TO GODLY ADVICE!
- Excuse most often used: But he treats ME good. Look out how he treats his momma and everyone else.
If you are tied to THE CONTROLLER: Understand, it is who they are, they will not change, if you don’t get away, you will lose your soul and identity in theirs.
The Heartbreaker: The person that loved you and left you.
- They moved on but you’re still sitting here.
- The heartbreaker destroys your future because you can’t see life without them so you replay the past constantly.
- They wrap you up in the past and you never reach your future.
- MOVE ON!
If you are tied to THE HEARTBREAKER: they aren’t coming back. If you stay tied up you will never reach your God assigned destiny.
The Memory Maker: This one is tricky, this one will get you when you least expect it.
- They are long gone somewhere in the past. You don’t really remember them until you are married and your marriage hits a few bumps.
- Now you are replaying old memories and looking them up on facebook.
- You start listening to old songs remembering the good old days.
- Even though you were happily married you allowed The Memory Maker to come in between you and your spouse with nothing more than a memory.
- This is why you must practice Ephesians 4:27, “give no place to the devil.” The Greek for the word place means “license”. Sometimes we have long ago revoked license from an unholy soul tie in our past but reissue it on a memory.
If you are tied to THE MEMORY MAKER: you must break this tie every time the memory tries to come back. God called you forward into your destiny, THE MEMORY MAKER will drag you back into destruction.
6 SECRETS TO SEVERING SOUL TIES
1. Relationship with God – Believe in your heart, confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord.
- Understand that He loves you and desires to set you free.
2. Repent and Confess
3. Release and Restore – Ask God to release you of this unholy soul tie and to restore everything to you that was lost.
- But what about the other person? Only one person needs to ask for the severing. A boat tied to a pier can be released by untying from either the pier or the boat.
4. Remove – All the mementos and trophies (memory box) love letters, old t-shirts etc.
5. Rejoice – Thank God for setting you free.
6. Repeat – This is the most important part.
- You can allow the unholy soul tie to reopen through your memories.
- 2 Corinthians 10:5, “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we TAKE CAPTIVE EVERY THOUGHT to make it obedient to Christ.” Take captive every thought, every day.
You have to break the Soul Ties or they will break you.
They will torment your mind and this isn’t the will of God. Philippians 4:7 says, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” When Satan has invaded our souls through wrong soul ties, our minds will not be at rest. This is where your battle takes place.
A PRAYER TO SEVER SOUL TIES
Thank you God, that your Word says, there is freedom and power in the name of Jesus. Right now I repent of all unholy soul ties in my life. I release every thought, emotion and memory to you. I ask you to restore everything that the enemy has tried to take from me through this soul tie. I break and sever this tie right now by the authority of Jesus name. I am a child of God, I will not be bound anymore by my past. I release it to you Jesus. I will look forward, I will press on, I will walk into my calling. I trust you and I think you for setting me free.
Let this all be done now, in Jesus name.
You can watch a message that I taught about this subject here http://new.livestream.com/accounts/3742125/the429/videos/25680376